Department 77 is a multichain web3 real-time strategy game featuring utility NFTs and an evolving story-driven universe set in the far future.
You play as an operator of a bounty hunter bureau for Department 77 - a shadow branch of a powerful mining company currently engaged in a resource conflict that spans the solar system. Your job is to train and equip bounty hunters and send them on missions for loot and rewards.
We believe DeFi should be both fun and rewarding at the same time, and our long-term vision is to become one of the biggest multichain strategy games in web3. To achieve this we have the following core values:
- 1.End-to-end immersive experience: evolving storylines changing the game over time
- 2.Play-and-earn, not pay-to-win: even the most casual player can be rewarded
- 3.No two players are the same: the choices you make will shape your adventure
There are some fundamental and firmly held principles D77 will always strive to adhere to:
- Canonical consistency - to ensure reliable immersion, every game mechanic has to make sense from a plot perspective
- Self-sustainability - we believe web3 game development should be self-sustainable using funding streams like grants, NFT sales and standard market mechanics to ensure the game always favours the players over outside investors who might not even be playing the game
- Equality of opportunity - the game should be play-and-earn, not pay-to-win; we need to reward even the most casual player for their time
Follow our guides to get started on the basics.
Read up on the backstory and universe-building of Department 77.